• Ongoing support to resource parents and foster children through consistent contact and home visits
• 24 hours/day and 7 days/week availability for emergencies
• Behavioral management, crisis-intervention, and therapeutic interventions
• Assistance with transportation of children on emergency basis
• Implementation of needs and service plan
• Written quarterly reports
• Referrals for psychological, psychiatric and educational needs
• Coordination with treatment providers
• Participation in case staffing and Juvenile Court hearing, as needed
• Emancipation and Independent Living Skills Programs
• Parenting classes
Boys to Gents is an educational group for adolescent boys which provides cognitive therapy to build social skills and self confidence. Activities include cooking, recreational sports, health and nutrition, eating etiquette, identifying positive role models, and community service. Group members also have the opportunity to take field trips within the community.
Girl Power is an interactive program for adolescent girls to promote self-esteem through skill building and education by incorporating discussions, guest speakers, activities, and field trips. The mission of this group is to empower teen girls to take an active interest in their own lives as well as effecting change in the community.
Intensive Treatment Foster Care (ITFC) provides services to children with severe emotional disorders. It is the mission of Golden State Family Services to provide quality resource homes and support services to foster children to better aid these children gain a sense of stability in the homes in which they live, a sense of self worth, and a belief in themselves and what they can accomplish in life.